Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

So, tomorrow is my son's birthday. I still can't believe he's going to be three.

How the hell did I end up with a three year old?

I was in the kitchen a bit ago, mixing the batter for his cake. He stood beside me patiently, watching me make his 'birthday.'

'Joo makin' mah birthday, Momma?'

'Yes, buddy, I am making your birthday cake.'

'We eat mah birthday right now?'

'No, bud, we have to wait til tomorrow to eat the cake. Okay?'

'No. I wanna eat the birthday right now, Momma. Okay?'

Me, laughing, 'No, we're going to wait til tomorrow. Sorry.'

He looked at me for a minute, then looked at the bowl I was stirring the batter in, and said, 'Okay. You doin' good job, Momma.'

Vote of confidence from the nearly-three-year-old. Score!

I spent most of today cleaning the walls. Since my kids consider themselves to be artistes of some sort, my walls are covered in marker and crayon. This would upset me if it were my own house, but hey, we just rent. They can paint over whatever I can't get off the walls. I'm so friggin' kind like that.

Anyway, armed with a sponge and this little bottle of stuff I got from the hardware store called Goo Gone, I put on my best superhero outfit (for effect, you dig) and battled the forces of evil (Crayola). Here is me, looking superhero-y:



BatZombie to the rescue!

I got all the crayon off the walls, and most of the marker, before my arms tired to the point where I was convinced they were going to fall off.

The rest of the marker can just stay there, I think.

I have a bunch of updating to do to Chaos in Motion, so I think I will go do that now.

Toodles.


link | posted by Zombie at 7:12 PM |


0 Comments:

Ve Haf Vays of Making You Post a Comment.