Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 16, 2003

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention some stuff:

The gas stations were packed today with people buying gas like there was never going to be any gas ever again. I mean, there were mile long lines at the flippin' Amoco down the road.

And at Meijer, people were buying everything in sight. Nothing like a crisis to boost the economy, you know? The guy in line in front of me had seven, count 'em, seven bags of mulch. Now I can understand all the people in there buying food, but what the hell possessed this man to venture out into the madness to buy seven bags of mulch? But most of the shelves in the grocery section were empty. There's nary a can of soup to be found in the Ypsi/Ann Arbor area. All the pop was gone, all the bottled water, everything. It was only by a stroke of complete luck that I found a 2 liter of Coke hiding in with the Faygo lemon lime pop (because no one drinks Faygo lemon lime. Because it tastes like ass.) I clutched it to my bosom like it was a small child I needed to protect. I managed to find a 2 liter of Mountain Dew for Ryan, too, so he wasn't surly when I got back home.

The stores were forbidden to sell any meat, produce, milk, eggs, cheese, etc, so I shudder to think how much food had to be thrown away across all the states and Canada because of this little screw-up. How appalling.

At any rate, it was sort of creepy to see the shelves at the store so empty. I know that sounds weird, but it's evidence of how crazed people can get when something out of the ordinary happens. They are reduced to mindless mobs swarming over the jars of peanut butter like they'll never have any peanut butter again...

Freaks!


link | posted by Zombie at 3:23 AM |


0 Comments:

Ve Haf Vays of Making You Post a Comment.