Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 10, 2003

Notes From the Trenches

I have a series of articles I'm working on called 'Notes From the Trenches.' It is, naturally, about the myriad facets of parenting, specifically the stuff they don't tell you about when you're pregnant.

Like all the dumb stuff kids do that you have to suffer for.

For instance, my darling son, an amiable chap of 3 years now, decided the other night that it would be a good idea to drink my body wash while he was taking a bath.

I turned my back for 2 seconds, to wrap his sister in a towel, and turned back to an ear piercing shriek accompanied by severe gagging. There was my son, with the straw he had been stirring his bubble bath with stuck into the bottle of coconut body wash, scraping wildly at his tongue with his free hand.

I stared, dumbfounded, for about 15 seconds, while the boy wailed. Then it dawned on me that he had actually drank my soap.

'EWWWW! OWWWWW! UCKY!' he shouted at me.

'Well, what do you expect, genius?' I inquired politely, as I dragged him out of the bath and put a towel around him. He started gagging again, so I tried to get him over the toilet, lest he puke upon my bare feet, but he wasn't having any of that.

So, I brought him out to the living room and sat him on the couch with the towel in his lap. THEN he vomited coconut soap all over the place. Sigh.

Granted, my body wash does smell quite good, but I don't think that means anyone should attempt to drink it.

Asher was quite unhappy for the rest of the evening, and let me know it by whining a lot and crying and so forth. I finally managed to get him to sleep, but it was an uphill battle...

Toodles for now.


link | posted by Zombie at 7:07 PM |


0 Comments:

Ve Haf Vays of Making You Post a Comment.