Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Conversations with Zombie's Spawn

My spawn are some weird kids, let me tell you. They infuriate the hell out of me a lot of the time, but they're also cute and hysterically funny.

Case in point:

Yesterday, I decided it was time for a haircut for the both of them. So we went out onto the back deck, and I trimmed my son's hair up, and then began to trim my daughter's bangs.

"What are you doing, Mom?" my daughter asks.

"Uh...trimming your bangs? Hold still."

"What's bangs?" my son asks.

"Uh...hair on your forehead," I say, distracted.

"Oh," says my son. "Do I have bangs?"

"No, you don't have bangs," I say.

"Only GIRLS have bangs," my daughter pronounces.

"Oh," says my son, thoughtfully. "I get it. Girls have bangs and boys have testicles."


link | posted by Zombie at 7:44 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger skippystalin commented at 8:06 PM~  

You know, sometimes girls have testicles, too. Boy, did I find that out the hard way.

Thankfully, it didn't cost that much to learn that lesson. And that it didn't go further than the first date.

I'd hate to explain to my parents why it didn't work out to my parents.

"Oooo, what hapened to that nice girl, skippy?", my mother would say.

"She has balls, mom", I'd reply.

"But you're smart, skippy. You're not the kind who'd be afraid of a strong independant woman. Remember the other girls you've dated?"

No, mom. This actually has balls. Real live testicles. Bigger than mine, even."

"Oh,"

Yeah, that would be embarassing. To say nothing of how the "dinner with the parents" would go.

Ve Haf Vays of Making You Post a Comment.