Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

And Then This One Time, I Had a Blog...

...and I posted on it. I know. Freaky.

The past week-and-more has been rather busy for me. Work stuff has been slightly overwhelming, leaving me with not much patience for anything else except posting snotty comments at Trainwrecks.

You might think that I am effortlessly snotty, but no, sometimes it takes work to haughtily call someone a poser or poke fun at the mentally ill.

Either way, it's a grand way to pass the time in between curling up into the fetal position and translating approximately 5 gajillion websites into Japanese. Which I can't speak or read. Which is fun.

You'd think my devout adoration of all things Hello Kitty would make me something of an expert in the Japanese language (for instance, Badtz Maru is "bad penguin" or, alternately, "wrong-correct," which makes perfect sense if you think about it), but astonishingly, it does not. I know, I was surprised, too.

To add to the fun, I had to do a bunch of the work here at home and couldn't get my Japanese language packs to install correctly, which meant I was designing a gajillion websites full of blocks.

This caused a lot of angst until I remembered that I can't read Japanese anyway, so what does it matter if it's squiggly kanji I can't read or just a series of rectangles I can't read? None at all, as it happens! None at all!

And thus the day was saved, but not half of my hair, which I ate for a midnight snackie.

Then there was Thanksgiving. You know, the day we Americans set aside to celebrate that oh-so-special time of giving, and thanks, and commemorate the genocide of several sorts of indigenous peoples. I love that day.

I had a moment of panic when I realized that there would be so much food. And not food of the low-calorie, low-fat, cardboard variety that I have been feeding myself for the past year. No, my friends! Food of the chock-full of butter and greasy animal-parts variety!

While I admit to overeating a little, all in all, I think I did well.

I did not give in to the urge to dive face-first into a vat of gravy, slurping it all up with a straw, and I did not eat any pie. This makes me proud of myself in various ways.

You see, this time last year, I weighed about 80 pounds more than I do now. Since starting my dieting in earnest earlier this year, which I yapped about once or twice at the beginning before I got tired of myself, I have dropped the equivalent of about 3 of my daughter, or one and a half of my son.

That's a lot of weight! I surprise myself. For you ladies reading, you will know how cool this is - I went from a size 20 down to my current 12 (10, if I'm wearing Levi's! I love Levi's, even if they are too expensive for me most of the time, because their sizing allows me to say I am a 10, even if I am only a 10 in their jeans. Thank you, Levi's!).

This wasn't always easy, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, either. I had an epiphany, like, "Whoa...you know, I can say no to that donut. NO, DONUT! NO!" And I did. Repeatedly. Not every time, of course - a girl needs her baked goods, after all. But I did it.

And I look good. I am proud of myself. I will not allow the overabundance of tasty holiday fare to sway me too much, and I hope to maintain this weight for the forseeable future.

But that is enough about me and not eating 10 pounds of mashed potatoes and gravy, though I really, really wanted to.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday full of drunken family members insulting each other and at least one fistfight resulting in the cops being called.

I will now get back to my semi-regular posting of things that piss me off and/or make me giggle.


link | posted by Zombie at 9:10 PM |


5 Comments:

Anonymous token commented at 3:13 AM~  

I am so happy and proud for you.

I suck. I ate everything. For over a week.

Ach!

Blogger Kate R commented at 10:30 AM~  

eighty pounds?
you have earned the right to be entirely self satisfied and superior.

Kate, who found you via trainwrecks.

Blogger Zombie commented at 11:20 AM~  

Thank you, Miss Cynlee. And you can eat everything for over a week. That's okay. I would do it, too, if I weren't terrified of packing all that weight back on.

Blogger Zombie commented at 11:23 AM~  

Hi, Kate! Welcome. :-)

I will let you in on a little secret, though: I was entirely self-satisfied and superior before I lost the equivalent of a large dog in weight. I like to think of my overwhelming smugness and disdain for practically everything as one of my finer qualities, but that's just me.

Turns out people are far more tolerant of my bitchiness when my ass isn't the size of Montana, though. Who knew?

Blogger Kate R commented at 8:46 AM~  

I wasn't fat most of my life but recently hauled on the pounds. I have discovered that fatties also have ways to gain respect. When my family members act like goobers, I threaten to sit on them.

Ve Haf Vays of Making You Post a Comment.